This Wednesday I am leaving for a fishing trip to Tennessee with the competitive bass team here at Slippery Rock University. Not many Professors and staff members on campus know that SRU even has a competitive bass team. We will be in Tennessee from Wednesday through Sunday, and we will be fishing very hard for the majority of the time. Our goal is to win obviously, but if we finish in the top 10 we are automatically entered into the 2022 national college championship, which is where the big money is won. I have all of my bags packed and just need to load the truck up tonight. Wish me and my partner luck as we take on Lake Chickamauga. Stay Tuned!
Well I am currently driving back from Tennessee. I had a great time fishing this tournament and going to a state that I have never been too. We did not catch any keeper fish during the tournament, the fish needed to be 15 inches and we were catching 14 and 14 1/2 inch bass. This sucks, but is part of the fishing experience. I could defiantly see myself living in Tennessee in the future. It was a great place to be at and the people were amazing. The accents were spot on and they sure know how to make some biscuits and gravy.
This was so cool and iterating to read about!!!! I am on the people at SRU that did not know we had a competitive bass team. i also did not know there was a national championship for this. I think it is so interesting that you guys are able to travel to Tennessee for this, I am extremely jealous of you! I wish you and your partner good luck as you go into the competition and safe travels!
ReplyDeleteI honestly would've never known there is a competitive bass team if I hadn't read this. It's interesting to know that that's out there though. It's exciting that you may win a spot in the 2022 National College Championship. I have faith you and your partner will earn a spot in the top 10. I wish you both good luck!
ReplyDeleteThis is amazing, good luck tomorrow. I honestly did not know about the competitive bass team. However, I wish you nothing but the best of luck. Go represent Slippery Rock well and get in that Top 10. I enjoy fishing in my free time however, I never even thought about making fishing competitive. This is so interesting to me, I will have to look into it more.
ReplyDeleteAdam, I am so glad you found a club that is perfect for you! I wish you nothing but good luck on this big trip: safe travels, top ten status, and an enjoyable experience. It can be overwhelming for some, but I know you will turn that emotion into great excitement! Hopefully everything plays out well enough for what we want to happen to occur. I cannot wait to hear how the tournament goes this weekend, for I know you have been preparing for it and putting in the hard work!
ReplyDeleteGood luck today, Adam! I was wondering where you were today in health class. I had no idea that Slippery Rock offered this team, it seems very fun! I am not a very big fisher, I actually never have been, which is weird considering I like in a small hick town in the Allegheny National Forest. Hopefully you can pull it off today and go to the championships! Let us all know how it goes, we are rooting for you!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness this is so cool! I had no idea that the bass team was affiliated with SRU. I know that you are very passionate about this and hope that you win! It would be so exciting to go to the national college championship. I will be rooting for you guys, can't wait to hear how the tournament goes!
ReplyDeletethis was interesting to read. hope you have fun on your trip. I did not know that SRU had a bass team.
ReplyDeleteI am excited to see how you do and see pictures of everything you have caught? Hopefully you make one of your future posts about it and show off all the fish. We will all be cheering for you hoping you do well...make Slippery Rock Proud! I'm sure top 10 will be a breeze haha...go out there and kill it!
ReplyDeleteI hope your trip goes well Adam! I know very well how excited you are for this trip. I cannot wait for you to come back and show me all the fish that you caught, or hear about how the fishing was tough that day. Please post pictures soon Finn! Make us proud buddy!
ReplyDeleteThis was really cool to read. I had no clue that there was a bass team. I'm sure that will be so much fun. Ive been to Tennessee before and it is really peaceful depending on where you go. Good luck and have a great time!
ReplyDeleteI only knew about the club from talking with you. I am so glad you found a club where you can let your passion flourish. I hope you and your partner find the success you both deserve and desire! You'll have to update us on how your team does. I can't wait to hear about your adventures!
ReplyDelete